bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, April 14, 2013

California Spring Trials - Day 2 Prologue

Well, it's not actually Day 2 - it's more like a week after Day 2 in case you were worried that you have been in a time warp. The only thing warped is my overstuffed schedule where I'm trying to work full-time designing and organizing the planting of thousands of annual flowers, write articles, start writing a new book, be a participating part of my precious family, travel to plant nerd events and give seminars on plant nerd info, and sometimes escape to enjoy some time with my ever-faithful girlfriends. Somewhere in there is doing something that I also really enjoy - having time to write my blog!
But I know what you really want to know is "WHAT WERE THE BEST NEW FLOWERS YOU SAW".  I am incredibly thankful to Proven Winners Plants for providing me and opportunity to be a part of their trials and a chance to tour the other plant trial facilities. Proven Winners has some fabulous plants that are calling my name.
One of PW's Graceful Grasses that will find its way into many of my containers is this rich burgandy-leaf "Vertigo". 
"Vertigo" creates a nice arching grass that gets 24"-36" high and 24" round, loves full sun, and is tolerant of heat and drought. 




Hibiscus "Cherry Cheesecake"


Proven Winner's Hibiscus Summerific 'Cherry Cheesecake' was absolutely dreamy,  even in bud form.

PW's Hosta 'Whee!' and Heuchera 'Cinnamon Curls'

Groovy leaves on the 'Whee'




Available next year will be Lilac "Boomerang" - a repeat blooming lilac bush! 

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Bren Haas said...

I love the dark purple lilac and can't wait to see it in the gardens this spring! Thank you for sharing Barbara : awesome share!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home