bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Austin City Limits and Beyond!

 While speaking at the Lake Austin Spa Resort, one of my biggest treats and greatest surprises was getting to know organic gardening guru, Trisha Shirey - the Director of Flora and Fauna at the Resort.
 We were like two organically grown peas in a pod, trudging off to collect plants for our hands-on container planting demonstration.  Our first stop - the kitschy/clever little garden store called Sunshine Nursery.
  Garden Art!
 Displays for inspiration.

 Our next stop was a container gardener's mecca - look at those colors!
 Look at all these options! And the funky black containers
 At the Natural Gardener

 I absolutely loved these guys - they followed me all over the nursery.



 Beautiful gardens throughout the grounds











 Inside the butterfly garden














 the maze at the Natural Gardener
 I've never seen Euphorbia so large.
 The maze
 An exact replica of Willi Nelson's guitar

My momma always said that country music guitar playing would grow on me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Anonymous Plant Stands said...

What a fun place to see...thanks for showing us The Natural Gardener. Almost makes me wish I lived in Austin, but I just don't know about that crazy heat.

 
At September 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM , Anonymous sensiblegardening said...

A great collection of fun garden ideas. I really liked the no-smoking sign and the picture of the shrimp plant. I tried one for the first time this year and loved it. And the guitar!!!

 
At September 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow--what a fun selection of garden art and pottery! The gardens are gorgeous--wish I lived close to Austin! Thanks for the tour!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home