bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Signs of Spring 2012


Peek over my fence and you'll start to see a few signs that winter is waning. Hyacinths starting to bloom.

Pieris japonica with it's tousled blooms.


Helleborus 'Pink Lady' above and Spirea 'Bridal Veil' below

In the past week we've had a snow shower, thunderstorms, tornados, and temperature ranging from the lower 30s to the upper 70s. Wacky weather but here are a few signs of spring around my house.Can you find the clashing spot of red in these magenta blossoms of my Magnolia 'Jane'?


Mr. Cardinal is making his presence known celebrating the coming spring!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Lea said...

Beautiful!
Happy Gardening!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Alex "Rook" Grover said...

I doen't know where you are located , but these photos remind me of my time living in the Atlanta area.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home