bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 312 - Meet Me In St Louis

The home gardens
The Japanese gardens
Sneakin' a peak at some Chihuly (sounds a lot more racy than it really is)

Somewhere over the rainbow, Judy Garland had someone to meet back in St. Louis so they could have themselves a merry little Christmas. (You have to be a real movie buff to follow all of that.) But if I was going to head back to St. Louis - which I visited last week-end - to meet someone, I'd make sure that we met at the Missouri Botanical Gardens! Loved this place - a bit of Chihuly, sculptures, history, home garden ideas, Victorian gardens, Japanese garden, climatron, ..... well, you'll just have to meet me there to learn about it all.
Thought these hanging sedum balls were fabulous. (this is today's container for 365 Days of Container Gardening)

And the lotus were spectacular
And they had a bed planted with one of my favorite annuals - cuphea llavea!


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Dave@TheHomeGarden said...

I really like that Japanese style panel. I may have to find a way to use that here!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Yael said...

I agree with Dave, those panels are wonderful. I could see them in my yard. The Missouri Botanical Gardens look wonderful. Went to a conference in St Louis about 5 years ago, but it was for social workers, so much of it was serious. We had fun too, but nothing as wonderful as this garden.

I have lived in the Seattle area, so we saw a lot of Chuhuli. Imagine my surprise when I found some of his work in Jerusalem a couple of years ago, quite a few years after his exhibit there.

Yael

 
At August 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Yael, Chuhuli in Jerusalem sounds wonderful - I'd love to see any pictures!
Dave and Yael, these panels offered such dimension to the gardens - with their shadows, how they framed a view, how they felt a little like a secret passageway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home