bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 233 - "Take Me To Your Leader"

Plants are sometimes as entertaining as children because you can't always be sure what they are going to do. (Though I have found that plants are a good bit easier to train. Unfortunately, my sons never read my blog or else I'd say something about how plants are easier to pick up after also.)
This Banana tree's growth habit makes it look like a space alien proclaiming, "I come in peace. Take me to your leader."



But like children, each container, though made up of the same plant material, looks a little different. Musa 'Siam Beauty', Duranta 'Gold Edge', Ivy geranium 'Taj Mahal', purple verbena.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Cool! Wow, for such a huge plant, I would think it wouldn't leave much room in the container for it's neighbors there. Do you actually get bananas off of that? How old is it? My gardening blog is here mynjgarden.com. I'm too far north to grow that alien outdoors! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home