bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 227 - In Memory of Michael

As our school community, family, and friends grieve the loss of 17 year old Michael Daniel today, I couldn't help but pause as I was clicking through pictures when I saw this. If you'd ever seen Michael play soccer, you'd know his distinctive mop of dark curls that seemed to have a mind of their own as they flew in all directions. Maybe it's the sadness and the need to have something to make me smile, but this planter just reminded me of Michael's hair!
Michael fell while skateboarding this past Sunday night and has been fighting for his life for the last three days. Tonight his fight ended, and this friend to my son, this son of my friends, will be greatly missed.
And Michael, we will all miss seeing that mop of hair go flying down the field.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well spoken. Thanks, Barbara

 
At May 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Saun said...

I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At May 18, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger The Redneck Rosarian said...

So sorry for your loss.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I know this is going to be hard on your son. When my daughter was his age she lost a friend too. At that age it is so hard to realize how fragile life can be. My prayers go out to you, your family, and to his. Hugs.

Pam Webb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home