bwisegardening

Cultivating a Culture of Gardening™

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grandma Goes to Hawaii











Having just arrived from traveling 14 hours on an airplane, one of the first things I needed to do was download all my fun photos from the past two weeks excursion. But what would be considered blog-worthy? A week of Thanksgiving family photos in Atlanta will be wildly popular with all the siblings, nieces, and nephews. But I think the trip to Hawaii to help my son and his wife move to Pearl Harbor will have the greatest draw. You see, my responsibility in this move was to take care of my one year old grandson. So off to the botanical gardens we went, and true to my nature, had to check out a local garden center. One of the biggest treats was hooking up with my old friend, Lisa Rogers, after 23 years - when we were young wives newly learning the military way of life.

2 Comments:

At December 8, 2009 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aloha barbara, looks like you had a beautiful time in oahu...i love the temple pics...i've never been there so i still have some things to do when i go over to oahu

isn't that variegated alocasia on your photos amazing!

noel

 
At December 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM , Blogger barbara wise said...

Sure wish I knew which variety it is - would love to use this in my container gardens next summer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home